There is a huge difference between professional lawn mowing services and cutting the grass from here and there yourself. It is certainly not an easy task, as it seems so. Well, I’m telling you this from my own experience. I had a real bad experience while taking it as a DIY task. And eventually, after doing more harm than good to my garden, I had to call for professional help. So, In my opinion, I would highly recommend some professional services to shape up your lawn/ garden, rather than doing it yourself. If not, then you’ll surely end up not only ruining your garden, but also a huge amount of your time and effort. Effective gardening and lawn mowing demands highly skilled professional expertise and proficient knowledge about gardening. Simply stating, we do an easy task of gardening without much planning, while a professional would know that where and in what direction his cutting tool should move forward or shouldn’t at all.
What is Lawn Mowing:
First of all, what is lawn mowing? While walking through your neighbourhood, you might have seen some really bad looking lawns. The answer to the above-stated question lies in that scene; any badly-shaped yard has experienced improper lawn mowing or no mowing at all. You can see foot high grass, tonnes of self-grown weed, and randomly grown petals all over that lawn. I had experienced such condition for a while and was in dire need to makeover my lawn beautifully. So shaping up your garden and getting rid of all unnecessary items is called lawn mowing.
Why Proper Lawn Mowing is Necessary:
Lawn mowing through an improper and inappropriate way is the most common cause of lawn problems. It is extremely important to mow your lawn once in a while. As the plant leaves grow randomly and they needed to be shaped up properly to look good. And depending upon your collection of plants and type of grass, the size of the grass can grow as high as 10 to 60 cm (24 inches), and you surely can imagine what would that look like.
With that much long grass, there is an increased possibility of unwanted flowering which is smaller in size but has high intensity of allergy-inducing pollen production. You won’t be able to see this unusual growth as long grass hid their appearance by falling off on the ground or just by being there with that length.
Mowing helps to remove damaged or rust coloured tips of leaves and grass. It also helps to get rid of weeds, thus make room for healthy and fresh grass to grow. Properly managed lawn have thicker patches of grass and allows fewer or no holes for a growth of weeds. If an appropriate procedure is followed for lawn mowing, your grass will not only shape better but also have more area and strength to grow properly. If you study the growth pattern of grass, then you’ll see that grass leaves have special growth hormones at the apex which only allow vertical and upward growth of grass, while suppressing it to grow in a horizontal direction. So cutting of the grass from this apical portion, suppress apical growth of grass and let it use its growth hormones and food to spread outwards and with faster speed.
So, lawn mowing is a highly important task to do. Whether you do a little or so, you’ll definitely see much difference. And if you hire some professional team to perform this task, your garden will look alive.
Harmful Effects of Improper Lawn Mowing:
As said earlier, proper lawn mowing is of vital importance for regular and shaped up growth of plants. Simultaneously there are numerous harmful effects are associated with improper lawn mowing. Some of which are stated below,
- Improperly cut leaves make room for entry of disease-causing organisms
- Cause less production of grass which in turn produce lesser storage of carbohydrates
- Stored Carbohydrates are essential to combat stress, so with lower carbohydrates plant have to endure more stress
- Increased water loss from leaf ends
- Root growth halts for a shorter period of time
- Grass cutting shock the plant and it have to divert it’s growth hormone from growing upwards and channelling them to spread outwards that halt this growth totally for a while.
- Roots absorb lesser amount of water which affects plant health
- If grass is cut too short than normal, it will result in,
- Reduced Root Growth
- Grass roots will require more fertilisers and water to start growth.
- Plants become less resistant to disease-causing harmful insects
- With high room to grow, more weeds will grow in that place
All in all, if lawn mowing is not done properly, then your lawn will surely become home to unwanted insects, self-grown weeds and disease causing small animals.
Perks of Hiring Professional Lawn Mowing Services:
If you need a good haircut, you’ll surely go to some professional hairdresser rather than ruin your face look by doing it yourself. In a similar manner, get your lawn done by professional lawn mowers. I was told to do this task myself to save money. But I got disappointed after wasting my time and energy, as I wasn’t able to do the job properly. Then I searched for some professionals to take on the task, and to my amazement there were many. You can get whatever sort of services you want, by size of your place, needs of your lawn and your personal preferences. You can get following services from skilled professional,
- Mowing of all lawn surface area
- Cutting of long grown plants into proper shape
- Defined and appropriately shaped flower beds and sidewalks
- Proper removal of debris from patio, sidewalks and driveways
Professional lawn mowing has proven to be highly beneficial for me as,
- You can spend your time in any other important activity, or just sit back and relax
- It has shown itself to be economical for me, as I had spent a lot of money while doing it myself
- It’s best for those who have any plant allergies
I would highly recommend some professional team to shape up and decorate your lawn properly and economically.